Subscribe To
Sunday, August 2, 2026
2026 Dry lake and Dollar lake
last minute idea to hit the trails, which involves realizing no one else might want this adventure and pulling a permit and packing and going.
The first day as I put my car in the parking lot with no other cars brought me to my aloneness. I knew the trail would be strenuous because I would be going up 2000 feet in elevation. It was also a very hot day with the sun scorching the trail. I hacked alone each mile.
The verse psalms 121:5 became my mantra. The Lord watches over you, the Lord is your shade at your right hand. When I arrived under a tree to rest, I immediately felt the cooler air and took deep breaths.
arriving at the lake and choosing a spot to set up my Camp Isaiah 41:10 became words of comfort ...so do not be afraid I am with you do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you and I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
hiking about a quarter mile up to a little stream to gather my water while reciting Psalms 23 the Lord is my Shepherd. I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures and leads me beside quiet waters.
There was no way I was going to grab water from the very beautiful lake, because it was very murky and swampy.
As I lay out under the stars and the light faded, and I knew that I was in God's landscape and in God's presence.
so grateful for the beautiful earth and to the Maker!
No comments:
Post a Comment