Subscribe To
Sunday, August 23, 2026
2026 backpacking treasure Lake and chocolate Lake Loop
This adventure is not about the 20 miles hike or the over 2000 feet elevation gain but about spending four days in the Wilderness over 10,000 feet with the highest height of 11,200.with the highest height of 11,200.
each step was the 23rd Psalm. As I hoped I thought about what I have been learning the past week about worry, my journey started with no parking place at the trailhead. So out loud I said God I trust you and I won't worry in about half hour a spot opened up for me and I could go on my hike.
On day, two hiking up to the upper lake, the trail became quite challenging over a boulder field. My confidence was diminishing while I was alone again don't worry and trust was my motto. Some hikers arrived in time and I joined the group to cross the Boulder field and make it to the second lake. I slid on a pretty big rock and took an abrupt sit down which smashed the glass on my iPhone. Better that than my bones being broke.
Day three I hiked alone and I came upon a group that had lost the trail. Together we joined up and I gave them encouragement and they gave me encouragement. Together, as we got to know each other, we were able to locate the trail which disappeared many times and summit this hill that we needed to get over to the next lake. I am sure I would've turned back if I would by myself because the downhill descent was treacherous to saythe least. It was way too steep with rocks and sand and risk of falling. But we encouraged each other on and made it to the next lake.
one of the hikers really was not prepared and ran out of water. I was able to save his life and let him use my filter.
These moments refresh the reality of divine Providence as I received just what I needed at the right time.
https://youtu.be/LeX1ZlRxeK4?is=5TiQUpzWXMI8F2av
now you can skip this next part, but this is for me to read in the future. i used AI to explain some of my symptoms at altitude. The first thing was the loss of appetite because the barometric pressure drops and the air contains fewer oxygen molecules per breath. This is called hyperbaric hypoxia. My body is prioritizing survival with the Relative lack of oxygen and shifts in protective state. It Diverts energy and blood flow away from non-essential systems like my G.I. track. My appetite regulating hormones, combined with mild generalized nausea from faster breathing my brain turned off the hunger signals. I also don't pee all day despite drinking lots of water at the high altitudes the air is thinner and dryer, and when I breathe out, I loose significant amounts of moisture through my lungs. My sympathetic nervous system is engaged in blood flow is directed heavily toward working skeletal muscles. My kidneys produced less urine while I am actively exercising under physical stress. Then I wanted to know what happens at night when I have to get up multiple times to pee. This is called altitude diuresis. To compensate for lower oxygen levels my body hyperventilates and blows off extra carbon dioxide and shifts my blood pH to fix this imbalance my kidneys, excrete excess bicarbonate, and drags the water along with it, causing my body to shed fluid once I stop hiking the blood flow that was in my leg Muscles is re-distributed through my core, and my sympathetic nervous system, dials back, signaling my kidneys at it's safe to process and clear out the backlog of fluids and electrolytes. I consume during the day. Isn't that amazing?
No comments:
Post a Comment